It's hard to learn how to bring up problems with out spouse. In this episode Mark and Adena discuss how to become the person that can do this.
1. Rethink how you see problems
- Problems are supposed to exist
- The problems you have are normal
- Problems are the next opportunity, not the next threat
- See yourself differently. Be open to see the error within yourself.
- See your spouse differently. Have compassion for their problem. It hurts them as well.
3. Practical tips
- Talk to a trusted mentor
- Talk during peacetime
- Give space in the relationship for discussing problems.
- Communicate these words: “I am saying this because I want us to be all that we were made to be.”